Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Change, the Only Constant

That's what they say, at least, that the only thing that never changes is change itself.

Certainly that seems true for us.  

We are still going to make a visit to our new son in a few weeks.  

But it looks like that son won't be Yale.

We found out yesterday that when inquiries were made to Yale's birth family, some of his extended relatives stepped forward and want to adopt him.  Neither of us could sleep last night.  I remember lying awake at 3am thinking that this just couldn't be happening again.  All day I've been scatterbrained -- even for me! -- because I can't quite process it all.

I have a feeling that someday there is going to be a really profound story to come out of our experiences here.  One of these days I'll even manage to write it down.  But right now my head is spinning out of control.  Yale is going to have a home with part of his birth family, and it looks as though that will actually be a wonderful thing for him.  And we will be bringing home some other little guy who needs a family just as much.

It's a bittersweet moment.  But this isn't the end of the road for us. 

 And if at the end of it all, two orphans get families...well that sounds like a grander plan than something I could make happen on my own.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a roller coaster Cat. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys while you push through all of this. Hopefully it won't be long before the joy of having a child to love causes all this drama to fade into the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks S:) It's been insanity at my house, I tell you! But this is going to happen one way or another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome and truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow!! I literally dropped my spoon into my cereal reading this. I'm still praying for you guys. You are both such an example of pushing forward even though it's really hard to. Hang in there...some more! Thinking of you lots and lots!!

    ReplyDelete