Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hurry Up and ... Then Hurry Up Some More!

So suddenly it's all coming together -- fast!  I think I might be the only person I've ever heard of whose international adoption is progressing faster than expected!

I had these great, responsible plans -- I would take off work next semester while we head back and forth across the Great Pond, so that I could be home with him, etc. etc.  But now it looks like I'll be taking some time off after all!  

'Cause we are making our first trip SOON.  Like in 3 weeks.

YIKES!!!

It's all the result of some happy coincidences, some really fabulous people at the adoption agency and the beauty of Fed-Ex.

It's all going to happen!  For reals.

I'm slightly freaking out.  Yale could be home -- like a real live son living in my house!!! -- before the end of the year if all works out.  In the meantime we need to:


Turn the Irene-ified basement into a playroom!



Turn the storage drop into a bedroom!
and...


Start our fundraising efforts!!!!  stay tuned...



5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I've been looking at the Reese's Rainbows site and wishing I could help all these sweet things. How wonderful that Yale is getting to come so quickly to a loving happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much the best thing ever. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's amazing and super exciting! - congrats friends, that's one lucky little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! I will definitely be looking forward to what fundraiser you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! Is there anything I can do to help? I love to paint. Like-I actually really love it. And I'm pretty handy. Let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete