Thursday, September 8, 2011

Progress

I feel like I've fallen off the face of the earth.

No, really.

Somehow I woke up this morning and it was September 8 and I have no idea how it got to be so far into the month. 


But it's funny how quickly your life can switch focus so suddenly.  Two weeks ago all I could think about was our adoption progress and then -- BOOM! -- suddenly Jason and I thrust ourselves into survival mode.  (Survival mode, by the way, consisted of stripping the TV room down to the studs and then trying to get the whole area bleached and cleaned out.  Not so fun).

But today I:

1. did the dishes for the first time since before Irene
2. moved the kitchen table back into place
3. cleared off the kitchen table to that we could sit down and have dinner at it
4. used the stove top for the first time since the storm
5. put little smelly-things in all the sockets so that the house smells slightly less like mold, dust and wet dog

And now I can think about this adoption business for the first time in days.  Phew!

But I won't lie.  Last night while it was raining cats and dogs (again!) both Jason and I woke up more than once just to check that the power hadn't gone out and that the sump pump was still pumping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment