Saturday, October 22, 2011

(Not) Leaving on a Jet Plane

So I'm supposed to be on a plane at the moment.

I'm not.

This makes me very, very sad.  I really, really want to meet my son.  It horrifies me on  a daily basis that he's in an orphanage of all places, that he's not here with Jason and me like he should be.  I have a son and he has no idea who I am or that I am coming for him just as soon as I can.  (And let's face it, if he did know it would likely terrify him!).

However, there is a silver lining to everything. Now that we will be going at Thanksgiving, our work schedules are going to be much, much easier to deal with.  Also it will mean that there won't be quite so much time between our first and second/third trips, and that's a really good thing.  Also it means that I have just that much more time to get my house in some semblance of order (remember Irene?  I do).  I have a little more time to figure out the Cyrillic alphabet -- which is less like Greek than I had hoped.  We have time to get a few more things to bring to him.

So there are some benefits, I suppose.  Really there are.

But I still wish I were on a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment