Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Max!

Never in my life did I think that I would be celebrating my first child's second birthday from 5,000 (or however many...) miles away!

It kills me.

I hope he is celebrating in the orphanage -- and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.  The orphanage director did tell us, after all, that he might be just a bit spoiled!  And it was clear that the people there loved him -- and really how could you not?

So we got him a cake (red velvet cause I'm the one who gets to eat it this year) and lit some candles for him.



And yes, those are awesome Toy Story plates.  And no, we did not buy them especially for this occasion.  (Which should really make you wonder about the occasion that we did buy them for...)

The cake was delicious, but I miss my boy.

Happy birthday Max.  We love you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Max!!

    Cat, I feel your pain and am thinking of you guys today! We have been back from meeting our son for 2 weeks and I'm missing him like crazy and literally my heart hurts! I Can't believe his 1st Christmas will be 5000 miles away from us!! We are SO close though, and pretty soon they'll be home with us forever!! good choice on the cake by the way!! : )

    ReplyDelete