Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Shining Moment

I had a shining moment today.  One of those feats of daring bravery.  Storming the castle kind of bravery.

I went to Babies R Us this afternoon. By myself.

I didn't have a fit of hysterics.  Not a single tear.  I didn't even give an evil eye to the single baby belly wandering around at the same time!  Don't ask me what the woman looked like, I still pretty much only could see her belly, but the lack scowling was a real step in the right direction.  Don't get me wrong, I pretty much ignored the majority of the aisles since they had baby-baby stuff in them, but it was more because I was too busy looking at the toddler stuff than because I was avoiding them like the pit of vipers that they usually are. You need to understand -- at Target I go WELL out of my way to avoid the baby/kid/toy section of the store (a true feat of spatial engineering, I tell you!) and today I braved the lion's den itself.

Good stuff.  I think I deserve a medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment