Thursday, December 22, 2011

Court Date!

"Court Date."

I'm not even sure what else to say.  The fact that this is actually happening is simultaneously thrilling, terrifying, and humbling (I tried to think of a synonym starting with "t" but it just wasn't happening.").  I am almost in shock.

One ocean and half a continent away Max is asleep (at least I hope so since it's 5am for him).  He has no idea what has been set in motion around him.  No idea that Jason and I are going to sit in a courtroom with a stack of paperwork and a scary judge (all judges are scary!) on January 17 and change his life forever.  And let's face it, if he did know, it would terrify him!

To think of it in those terms is humbling.  I want to sing and dance and jump for joy.  This has been one of the best days of my life.

But as the day comes to a close, all I can think of is him, asleep on the other side of the world blissfully unaware that everything is about to change.

Everything.  


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!!! I've been out of the loop for awhile and thought I would check in...I'm so excited for all of you! But, you all are stinkers since you are beating us by a couple of weeks! ;-) Seriously though, I am thrilled...we will all be bringing our babies home around the same time!
    Cynthia
    http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete